Implementation of Right to Food (RTF)
Saaras Impact Foundation has secured a partnership for Project Maa from the Uttar Pradesh government in February 2020 for implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) in 10 districts of Uttar Pradesh. The project is currently in its first phase of implementation.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): PMMVY is a maternity benefit program run by Government of India. The scheme provides partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives during childbirth to provide conditions for safe delivery.
Benefits promised under PMMVY: Eligible pregnant women & lactating mothers will get Rs. 5000 as incentive in 3 installments (valid for only first birth child).
- Low awareness among beneficiaries (especially in urban areas) leading to low enrollment for availing benefits under the scheme
- Non-receipt/delays in receipt of the cash incentives guaranteed under the scheme
- Primary Stakeholders (ASHA workers, Anganwadi, Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) lack the training required to implement the programme
- No helpline support for the primary stakeholders (ASHA, ANM and Data operator) and pregnant mothers
- Duplicacy of work due to lack of technology intervention
- Ineffective campaign model to increase the enrollment for PMMVY
Pregnant women and lactating mothers.
Why do gaps exist?
- Lack of awareness specially in the urban district
- Lack of proper training of primary stakeholders for the implementation
- No virtual grievance or helpline support
- Kanpur Nagar
Project Maa Interventions
The project is currently in its first phase of implementation of Project Maa.
Pregnant mothers received support relating to pending instalment of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).